Does your organization do all that is required to ensure information security?
Do you experience security breaches, or do you need to demonstrate to your customer or clients compliance with certain Information Security Management Standards?
ISO 27001:2013 Information Security Management System standard, also known as ISMS is the international standard that sets out the specification for an ISMS (Information Security Management Systems) recognized all over the world.
Its best-practice approach helps organizations to manage and maintain their information security ensuring that they are addressing security of their people and processes as well as technology.
An ISMS is a holistic approach to securing the CONFIDENTIALITY – INTEGRITY – AVAILABILITY (CIA) of corporate information assets.
It consists of policies, procedures and other controls involving people, processes and technology.
Informed by regular information security risk assessments, an ISMS is an efficient, risk-based and technology-neutral approach to keeping your information assets secure.
The Standard outlines 14 control categories with 114 standard information security management system controls but does not mandate that all 114 controls be implemented. Instead, the risk assessment should define which controls are required, and a justification provided as to why other controls are excluded from the ISMS.
ISO 27001:2013 – ANNEX A – THE 14 CONTROL CATEGORIES
• A.5 Information security policies
• A.6 Organization of information security
• A.7 Human resource security
• A.8 Asset management
• A.9 Access control
• A.10 Cryptography
• A.11 Physical and environmental security
• A.12 Operations security
• A.13 Communications security
• A.14 System acquisition, development and maintenance
• A.15 Supplier relationships
• A.16 Information security incident management
• A.17 Information security aspects of business continuity management
• A.18 Compliance
BENEFITS OF IMPLEMENTING ISO 27001:2013
ISO 27001 is the most highly regarded information security standards in existence. Independently accredited certification to the Standard is recognized around the world and its popularity has grown in the ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB) by more than 450% in the past ten years. Implementing ISO 27001 helps you meet the legal information security requirements in the USA:
DATA PROTECTION, PRIVACY LAWS, NIST, NETWORK AND INFORMATION DATA PROTECTION & CMMC.
• Having implemented ISMS controls helps to reduce the costs associated with data breaches;
• It protects your data, wherever it lives;
• It protects all forms of information, whether digital, hard copy or in the Cloud;
• It increases your organization wide attack resilience;
• It increases your organization’s resilience to cyberattacks;
• It also reduces information security costs;
BEST PRACTICE IMPLEMENTATION
Choosing JJK CONSULTING as your implementation partner, ensures your organization will implement only the security controls you really need, helping maximize your budget.
Our ISMS experts are all ISO27001:2013 certified Lead Auditors with many years of implementation experience and can make sure, that you will respond to evolving security threats in the best ways. This will lead to a more agile organization, one in which you can constantly adapt to changes externally and within the organization. Improved information security and company culture is the outcome.
An ISMS encompasses people, processes, and technology, ensuring staff understand risks and embraces security as part of their everyday practice. If meeting contractual obligations or demonstrating ISO 27001:2013 Certification to your customers is required, you will be able to do so, by easily demonstrating your organization’s commitment to information security.
This provides a valuable credential when seeking new business opportunities.
HOW TO ACHIEVE COMPLIANCE TO ISO 27001:2013
JJK CONSULTING is here for your organization to help you implement an ISO 27001-compliant ISMS. Our effective and budget friendly “hands-on” implementation services involve…
• SCOPING THE PROJECT
• Securing management commitment and budget;
• Identifying interested parties, and legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements.
• Conducting a risk assessment;
• Reviewing and implementing the required controls;
• Developing internal competence to manage the project;
• DEVELOPMENT OF YOUR APPROPRIATE ISMS DOCUMENTATION
• Reporting (e.g. the Statement of Applicability and risk treatment plan);
• Continually measuring, monitoring, reviewing, and auditing the ISMS; and
• Implementing the necessary corrective and preventive actions.
• And finally CONDUCTING STAFF AWARENESS TRAINING
This way your organization will be ready for ISO Certification Audit soon.
GET ISO 27001:2013 CERTIFIED ON TIME & BUDGET
We offer everything you need to implement an ISO 27001-compliant ISMS – you don’t need to go anywhere else.
We guarantee certification (provided you follow our advice!).
You benefit from real-world practitioner expertise, not just academic knowledge.
We have a proven and pragmatic approach to assessing compliance with international standards, no matter the size or nature of your organization.
Our pricing and proposals are completely transparent, so you won’t get any surprises.
We can help small organizations prepare for ISO 27001 certification in three months.
Ready to Explore New Possibilities?
Please contact JJK Consulting at your convenience for an initial consultation.
We’ll work with you one on one to determine a roadmap to success.
Call Today: 973-402-5889